Sonntag, 13. Juni 2010

June 13 2010 - In plain sight, the office of the US Marshal's Witness Protection Service

hello there

It's quite funny how fast people copy each other. I was standing in line to get on the bus to Albuquerque when a guy came up to me and asked me if that was the bus to Colorado Springs. So, i said yes and he was gone again. But just giving one person one info turned me into the informant for everybody. Like 5 other people came up to me asking questions about their buses, which gate they had to go to where they would have to change buses etc. How would i know? Do I look like a greyhound person. Of course that's not what I told them. I did try to help out but just by sending them to people who actually know the answer to their questions.

Another observation I made. Guys, please, do not wear white hot pants!!! Big No!!!

So I got to Albuquerque at 4am this morning. The bus ride was quite interesting. I met a group of hispanic ladies, I don't really know where they were from but anyhow, I got to practice my spanish, good excercise.

I had barely gotten both feet out of the bus when the security guard came up to me asking how I was and where I was from and that he thought my accent was cool and that my backpack was awesome blablabla... I had barely slept and felt aweful, I really didn't feel like flirting at 4am!

The plan was to wait for 6am and then go walk around downtown Albuquerque. So at six I went up to the counter to get my ticket to San Antonio. The guy, Martin, informed me that it was full and that they didn't know if they were gonna have a second bus at the same time and that I should come back later to ask again. So a little bit panicked I sat down again and waited. I wasn't gonna leave the station without a ticket in my bag.

Mr. securtity was back again asking me how I was holding up (he knew my next bus was at 11am) I told him I didn't have a ticket because the bus was already full. then he promised me he would show me how to get on the bus first. what a nice guy :)(It's always good to be on good terms with security!)But i still needed a ticket. so nice guy said "go to the counter and ask for Michael he'll sell you one" unfortunately, Michael did no such thing and told me to wait.

20 minutes later I had my ticket was buying a drink before hitting ABQ. and here again security guy turned up and told the girl on the check out to ask me where I was from, which she did which meant I had to tell my story all over again. Security of course managed to sneek in the boyfriend question.

When i had finally made it out of there I walked around town and almost the first thing I saw was what I had wanted to see. The sunshine building:

One of my favourite shows, In Plain Sight, is filmed in Albuquerque and this building is used as the office of the US Marshal's Witness Protection Service in the show.

Then it was almost time to go back to greyhound, I really didn't want to risk missing my bus!

Well, that's it for now. I'm on the road to San Antonio to see the family, can't wait!!!

Talk to you soon

xoxo

P.S. I forgot to mention: IT'S NOT RAINING!!!! I CAN WEAR SHORTS!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ouf pour le billet! Salutations à toute la famille américaine! Kisses

    AntwortenLöschen