Montag, 7. Juni 2010

June 7 2010 - Dazzled by Twilight

"In the Olympic Peninsula of northwest Washington State, a small town named Forks exixts under a near-constant cover of clouds. It rains on this inconsequential town more than any other place in the United States of America." (Twilight)

(You all know this sign :)Although, Forks can hardly be called a city if you ask me)

Hello there,

Well today it did not rain in the tiny town of Forks when I got here! I had finally made it to the mecca for twilight fans. The "city" where all is happening.

Can you tell I'm excited? :)

Honestly, I'm wondering what was happening in Forks, or how they made money before the whole Twilight thing happened. Literally every store has a Twilight section, pictures of the movies are in like every window and every restaurand has a Twilight dish like a Bella Burger or an Edward sundae. So yeah, Twilight is omni present here.

I was really looking forweard to visiting the dazzled by Twilight store (I found out there were actually two). The main store is just awesome, with trees in there and dimmed light really great:



However, nothing in there yelled "Buy me, you need me!" I was really a bit disappointed in what they offered. However, I did find something for the girl I left at home and isn't on the road again, just like promessed, you'll get something from Forks.

Honestly, I thought I was a Twilight Fan but what is going on here is a whole other story. Grown ups running around in Team Edward/Jacob shirts buying a sorts of stupid things and taking fotos of every littel thing that could possibly have something to do with the Twilight World. I totally get the meaning of the word Twihards now. Still, I couldn't stop grinning while walking around, people where already looking at me wierd.

My Twilight tour was supposed to leave from the store at 3pm. However, nobody showed up. At 3.10pm I asked the rude girl in the store and she informed me that it left from the other store and that now I had missed it. Great!!! Of course this was happening to me. Things like that have my name on it.
So I ran over to the second store and asked the lady if she could put me on the next tour. there was no next tour today. She was absolutely nice and drove me to the Forks Highschool where I caught up with the group at about 3.15. So I really haden't missed a lot.

That is also seen in the movies

Her husband. the tour guide, told us a lof of background information about Forks and LaPush. If you want to see all that watch the documentary Twilight in Forks, it's great.

The Tourbus!

We went to tons of great places, I'll updated the fotos as soon as I can but right now I'm sitting in the Forks public library, which is really tiny, and am running out of internet time.

UPDATE: PICS ARE HERE!

Bella's red Truck

The sign says 'home of the Swans' so that's where Bella would live


So this is Forks hospital, yes they do have a hospital! On a really busy day they have 11 people to take care of! They also have this:
a reserved parking spot for Dr. Cullen. Rumors say that Peter Facinelli, the guy who portrais Carlisle will soon make use of that parking spot.

Next we made our way towards Jacob's house

and of course to the beach, in this case, Rialto Beach, loved it



we didn't make it all the way to LaPush but saw some signs of it...


...and of course, we did cross the treaty line. There's even a twosided sign, if you come from Forks it says,

and if you come from LaPush it says


Let me just say this, I am completely in love with the olympic penninsula. It feels more like Canada than the States, it;s absolutely gorgeous, all green and with an ocean, breathtaking!

That's it for now, I'll be sitting in a bus for the next 30 hours so it will be a while till I update from Salt Lake City.

Talk to you soon

xoxo

1 Kommentar:

  1. the girl she left at home and is not on the road again8. Juni 2010 um 06:06

    yeaaaaaaaayyyy... looking forward to it :D

    AntwortenLöschen