Montag, 21. Juni 2010

June 21 2010 - Into the Wild

Hello there,

So this morning I had actually set my alarm. We wanted to go to the San Antonio zoo today and as you know, it gets pretty hot around here so we wanted to go early. On the Internet it said the zoo opens at 7.30am. We had decided to leave the house around 8.00am.
When we got there, it was 8.45. Suprise Suprise, it was not open yet!!! Turnes out it's only open that early for members. Luckily we only had to wait 15 minutes to get in, which really wasn't bad.
With a map in hand, we started our trip to Afrika, Australis, Asia etc.

The first cages (cages actually sound bad, the animals really weren't in what my picture of a case looks like but I can't think of a better word right now) we came across seemed to be empty. Looks like the animals in San Antonio like to sleep in too!
But then finally, we met the Leoperd they have. It is absolutely beautiful!!! (I'll post pictures soon). We also saw a whole lot of different kinds of birds and fish.





The newest part they have is called Africa live. It's like its own park. You can walk in and be really close to the elephants, the rhinos and hippos, there's also an aquarium etc. It was really great. That was probably my favourite part of the whole zoo.





After having spent time in the "oh I love this place" part of the zoo we went to the next exhibit. Did I love it too? Not so much! What was it? The reptile house. And those of you who know me know I can not stand snakes! But there were also salamanders and animals like that in there so it was ok.

The las stop before leaving was the aquarium. Pretty cool stuff in there too: Baby seahorses, Turtles, Jellyfish, Sharks....







It was Monday so back home, it was time for me to watch the latest adventures of Sooki Stackhouse & Co. I really love True Blood!

Today was really a perfect day, had a lot of fun and saw a lot of things.

that's it for now, talk to you later

xoxo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen