So today was the day I was finally hitting the road again. More like the sky if i think about it now.
Mum and Dad drove me to the airport on Saturday morning where I took the plan to Atlanta. And that's where the trouble already started. So I was sitting in my seat, waiting for all the other people to finally store there huge carry ons and to finally start. That's when we got informed that we would be over 1 hour late!!! I knew then already that I would never make my connection in Atlanta. What a great start!
Moreover, there was only one big tv for everyone so I only got to see 3 movies instead of like 7 like on last years flight. And of course I had already seen Valentin's day, Dear John and 500 days of summer before. The woman sitting next to me, she was from Bern, told me she didn't know what to do if she would miss her connection because she doesn't speak English, she's close to 60 I guess. So I told her we'd figure it out when we're there.
Luckily immigration didn't take long in Atlanta although the unfriendly woman looked at me more than weird when I told her I was travelling alone. For some reason she didn't seem to believe me. Anyway, Heidi, that's my neighbour an me made our way to the delta counter to get rebooked on new flights. After a drink, Heidi gave me her address and assured me she had 2 very good looking sons LOL! We then went our separate ways. That's when I finally had time to buy 'The short second life of Bree Tanner' can't wait to read it!
After eavesdropping on a conversation about politics 3 people on the gate were having, it was finally time to board. Luckily, no delay this time!
I got to Seattle at 9.00pm which means I was awake over 24 hours now and I really had trouble keeping my eyes open. I waited half an hour for my luggage then made my way outside to take the 174 bus to the city. I couldn't wait to shower and finally get some sleep.
Unfortunately, that's not what happened!
I found out that the bus I was supposed to take didn't exist anymore. What was I supposed to do now?
I went back into the airport and started looking for an information desk which i found three floors up. So they told me that there was no bus to the city from here and that I had to walk all the way to the highway and the 174 would go from there. She said she thought there was a bus every hour.
I started thinking and decided I wasn't going to walk half an hour in the dark just to maybe find out that there was no bus anymore or to wait an hour for it. I would take a taxi even if it cost me 40 bucks. Next problem, where on earth were the taxis???? Usually they are parked in front of airports which was not the case here. I asked about three people who didn't know eighter but kept saying: "Yes, yes, this is a very weird airport" I thank you I hadn't noticed and how is that helping me now.
I was starting to get impatient, I really just wanted to get out of there. That's when I found a mother and daughter couple who were also looking for the taxis. Together we found them in the building across the street from the main building. I was really happy to finally be on the way to a bed!!!
When I got to the hostel it was about 10.30pm. But before hitting the pillow I went into the house across the street from the hostel. What that building was??? Well, I have to admit, the one and only reason I was in Seattle for the third time check it out:
I know, I'm crazy but I really wanted a Seattle Hard Rock Shirt and I thought, why shouldn't it be the first thing I do? So I just went in and bought it.
Back at the hostel, I jumped into the shower and then went to bed. I tried to get on the internet but of course, the connection didn't work.
So like this post, the day was really really loooooooooong.
Next step? Leaving the Grey's Anatomy city and entering Twilight country. Next stop, Port Angeles. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!
See u later.
xoxo
p.s. I don't know if I will find internet in the next 2 days so I don't know when I'll be posting again but I'll try to be quick!
Hi darling, thanks for the "good" news! Kopf hoch! Greetings from Radelfingen
AntwortenLöschenOh dear, sounds interesting :D
AntwortenLöschenNow you have your so-long-waited-for-it shirt from seattle!!! and you're going to visit JAAAAAAAAAACOB or at least some places he touched or walked through, what else do you need. except: ME! naaa, I'm always cognitively connected and suffering together with you....